Want something nice and warm this weekend?
BROCCOLI AND TUMERIC SOUP
Makes 6 serves (1½ cups each)
2 large heads broccoli
1 head of cauliflower
1 brown onion
1 litre bone broth or chicken stock
Juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons minced garlic
200ml coconut cream
Ghee or coconut oil
Salt and pepper
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower and onion into pieces.
- Heat a few tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add vegetables, garlic, a few big shakes of turmeric powder, and salt and pepper to taste then mix well.
- Cook everything until soft (approx 15 mins), with the lid on but stirring a few times.
- Once the vegies are soft, add the stock and lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil then let sit off the heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, use a stick blender (easiest) or transfer to a blender/food processor then blend until smooth.
- Stir through coconut cream and enjoy!
- Feel free to play around with the vegetables in this recipe – eg. a leek instead of the onion tastes beautiful.
- Optional: serve with fresh herbs (eg. parsley or coriander) on top.
This recipe was borrowed from the website https://jennawestphal.com
Check out her website for more great, healthy recipes.