With Halloween right around the corner, costumes are getting their finishing touches, candy is being purchased and many children are looking forward to this spooky evening. With all this excitement it is important to remember these safety tips to keep Halloween fun!
- Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Children should wear clothing that can easily be seen at night. Retro- reflective materials are best.
- Children should trick or treat in one well-known area and not wander into unknown neighborhoods.
- All candy should be inspected by an adult to make sure that no one has tampered with it. If it looks suspicious, the police should be contacted.
- Children should avoid stray animals.
- Children should wear masks that do not interfere with vision. Better yet, they can avoid masks by wearing makeup.
- Children should watch for moving vehicles when crossing streets.
- Costumes should be short enough that the child will not trip.
- Trick or treaters should dress appropriately for the weather and carry a flashlight.
- For extra safety, organize a Halloween party for children in your neighborhood.